Constellation: PIS
Data: mag   size
Position: RA :  DEC :
We had a very fine view of a tiny cresent moon tonight. I first
noticed it in the sky at about 20 degrees elevation a little
after 6:00pm local standard, only about 27 hours old.
--
At 7:30PM, as twilight deepened, it was visible near the western
horizon at about 10 degrees of elevation showing a very fine,
thin crescent; like the white part of a well manicured man's
fingernail held at arms length.  It took a little walking to
find an unobstructed view with the moon at this low altitude.
--
Through the binoculars, craters on the thin illuminated strip
near the western edge of the moon stood out in bold relief.