[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Fw: (IAAC) Lord ROSSE

Yann,

> I am searching a photograph or painting showing Lord ROSSE (ie Charles
> PARSONS).
>
> Do someone know where I can find it (on the webb, in the litterature, ...) ???
>
> thanks in advance
>
> I have already searched on some sites (Birr Castle, etc...) but can't find
> any trace of what the man looked like...

well, yeah I also tried and it is difficult .. at least a cartoon-like pic
is at

   http://tommy.jsc.nasa.gov/~woodfill/SPACEED/SEHHTML/daysJun2.html

(go for June 17)
.. all the rosse pages found by Yahoo have his father, his son, other
relatives, the scope original and refurbished, etc, and his drawings, but
no  William Parsons pic .. same with others I looked in a quick webtrip ..

- hartmut