[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Arp List in 8" Scope

At 01:33 PM 4/30/98 -0700, Mel Bartels wrote:

>Thanks for your note on the links.
>
>What I'm really hoping to find is the AL's Arp observing list. - the
>300+ galaxies.

The links I sent cover that information - the AL "list" is nothing more
than any 100 of the 338 galaxies in the catalog - you pick which 100 - and
you only have to observe the brightest component in interacting galaxies,
which makes it a little easier.

So the 338 to choose from are at:

http://www.mcs.net/~bstevens/al/obsclubs/arppeca.html

Or, if you want the more complete tabular data that was published with the
Peculiar Galaxy Catalog in the first place, you can check:

http://adc.gsfc.nasa.gov/adc-cgi/cat.pl?/catalogs/7/7074A/

etc, etc.

--
Jeff Medkeff          | Acting Assistant Coordinator
Rockland Observatory  | Association of Lunar and Planetary

On the web at http://shutter.vet.ohio-state.edu/