[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Meade coatings

At 05:13 PM 5/6/98 -0400, you wrote:

>I have a question I hope someone can help me with. I own a Meade 10"
>Starfinder. The surface of the tube is beginning to get in pretty bad
>shape from scrapes and bumps. I need to repaint/resurface it.

I didn't let mine get dinged up before I did this - I hate a white tube to
begin with. I sanded off the Meade laminate, and primed and painted with
epoxy floor paint. You can see a description of the process at:

http://shutter.vet.ohio-state.edu/astronomy/meade/two.htm

--
Jeff Medkeff          | Acting Assistant Coordinator
Rockland Observatory  | Association of Lunar and Planetary

On the web at http://shutter.vet.ohio-state.edu/