[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Hercules galaxies (was Re: What should I buy?)

> I said, "You've got to be kidding!"  Looking at Jupiter in Tom's scope was
> like looking at the moon in a small scope.  I felt blind!  I was sure I'd
> lost all dark adaptation in my observing eye.

Oh, for sure! That's one thing you have to remember with a larger aperture: if
you look at the bright planets (or even a bright star for star testing), be
sure to use your less good eye - otherwise, you WILL lose some dark adaptation!
As for the moon, I've actually wished sometimes that I could project its image
onto a screen, solar-style. :)

Looking forward to that upcoming log of "Graff 1"!

Clear skies,
Lew