[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) FWD: What should I buy? (rich field scopes)

Dave;

I would like to offer a suggestion that might allow you to have
your cake and eat it too.  How about something like a 6" f/6
scope.  That is enough focal length to allow you views of some
high power detail in planetary nebulae, globulars and solar
system objects.  However, it is of a short enough focal length
to allow you to fit in the entire North America Neb., Belt of
Orion, Small Sagittarius Star Cloud, Scutum, etc. etc. with a
wide field eyepiece.

I really like my 6" f/6 and have found it an excellent small
scope that still shows off lots of detail with a 6mm eyepiece.
My mirror was ground and polished by Pierre Schwaar, a member
of my club and a genius with a piece of glass.  If you are
interrested, I can get his phone number for you.  I know that
his turn around time is about 3-4 months.

Hope that helps;
Steve Coe

Follow-Ups: References: