[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Markarian 205 - 8inch F/10

>>a very faint star 50" to the S of the S edge of NGC 4319.
>
>This was a neat observation, Yann. I was curious, whether Mrk205 actually
>appears to be involved with the halo of n4319 in larger scopes?
>
>Lew

I had the opportunity to seek Mrk 205 for the first time with the 24.4inch
Cassegrain at Chateau-Renard but the combination of the F/15 system, a long
focal eyepiece (Lichtenecker 100mm!!! a huge piece of rock) and low power
didn't showed it within the galaxy halo. I also think that even on deep
professional ccd images, the QSO stays away from the halo: only the bridge
or pseudo-bridge -I won't enter the polemics- can be seen...

clear skies, Yann.

Yann Pothier	tel: 01 43 41 43 29
11 impasse Canart, 75012 PARIS, FRANCE
Email: ypothier@abi.snv.jussieu.fr