From: Lew Gramer <dedalus@latrade.com>
To: Internet Amateur Astronomers Catalog - Discussion
<netastrocatalog-announce@latrade.com>
Date: Monday, June 08, 1998 2:29 PM
Subject: Re: (IAAC) FWD: What should I buy? (rich field scopes)

:
:> Luis,
:> I would suggest that if you must keep the Telrad, you do as my friend did
:> and adapt it to accept better eyepieces with a wider field of view and
buy a
:> better mount for it.
:
:Just to clarify things a bit, Luis: Penny is suggesting you upgrade your
TELESCOPE to accept 1.25" (Outer Diameter) eyepieces. As you know of course,
Telrads are "naked-eye" pointing devices, and don't use eyepieces! :)
:
:I'd second both Penny's suggestions, if your finances permit. And in fact,
I'd say replace your focuser INSTEAD OF getting a better finder: Telrads
work fine. In fact I have a 20" f/5 dobsonian scope, and I very rarely use
anything other than the Telrad to point it. Of course, I also have a very
wide-field eyepiece (about 55') which I use on the main scope!
:
:Clear skies,
:Lew
: