[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Markarian 205 - 8inch F/10

Yann wrote:
> I think that visual observing of the deep sky should be useful with
> filters, not only interferometric ones (OIII, Hbeta) but colour ones too.

This reminds me of a fascinating article I read once (probably in an old copy of "Deep Sky", but maybe in one of the Webb Society journals): it described the enhancement of visual contast in certain low-surface brightness dwarf galaxies using a high transmission ("bright") red filter. I forget the astrophysical rationale for trying this approach, but I do remember that the author was partially pleased with their results.

Anybody tried this, or heard anything about it?