[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) FWD: What should I buy? (rich field scopes)

At 05:58 AM 6/16/98 -0400, you wrote:

>sorry to come into this thread late, but are the UO orthos just about as
>good as the more expensive ones?

There is a difference between the University orthos and, e.g., the Zeiss
orthos. The difference seems to be rather small; it is not something I
would call dramatic but might possibly be so under certain conditions or
with certain telescopes. For some, the large cost disparity (I think it is
large, anyway) might be considered prohibitive. I would probably go ahead
and get the Zeiss orthos if I had someone local selling them, but I'm not
bothering to go out of my way for them.

--
Jeff Medkeff          | Acting Assistant Coordinator
Rockland Observatory  | Association of Lunar and Planetary

On the web at http://shutter.vet.ohio-state.edu/