[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) FW: Sorry.. I need your help.

From: Lew Gramer <dedalus@latrade.com>

>But a decent pair of 7x50 prism binoculars, with at least full coating,
and a *well-aligned* set of prisms (whether they're BAK or not) can also
be had for under $100, and will give you better views of the Deep Sky.

>Now don't expect to explore the galaxies of Virgo or nebulae in Cepheus
and Cygnus with them! (Unless you're a trained observer under DARK
skies!) But you will see many beautiful clusters, asterisms, brighter
nebulae, a galaxy or two, and even the occasional meteor with such an
instrument.

With some practice, virtually all of the Messier objects are available
to the user of a pair of 10x50's in a dark sky, maybe even with 7x50's,
although I think the additional magnification helps; add these to many
other nice objects, and you can spend many happy hours trolling the
heavens in search of deep sky joy :-)

Bruce Jensen