[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) FWD: What should I buy? (rich field scopes)

At 09:28 AM 6/18/98 -0400, you wrote:

>>"Telescope Optics, Evaluation and Design" by Rutten and Van Venrooij.

>Sue, is this a book you generally recommend for folks who want to
>understand optics at both the theoretical and practical levels? Have
>other folks on the list read it, or used it as a reference?

I'm not Sue, but I would say this book is a "standard text". Most of it is
easily groked by anyone of intelligence; one reason that I am attracted to
astronomy is that mostly intelligent people inhabit it. Therefore I do
recommend it to most who have the questions it can answer; but at the same
time there are spots where you *might* feel you are in a little deep,
depending on your background and willingness to learn new material.

--
Jeff Medkeff          | Acting Assistant Coordinator
Rockland Observatory  | Association of Lunar and Planetary

On the web at http://shutter.vet.ohio-state.edu/