[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) FWD: What should I buy? (rich field scopes)

At 11:42 AM 6/19/98 +0200, you wrote:

>I speak for myself Jeff but I am interested in the transmission data
>comparing 4-elements orthos and 8-elements naglers (as well as other commun
>eyepiece designs).

I can provide simple transmission figures for light in any one (or all) of
the Johnson UBVRI photometric bandpasses; probably V would be best for all
the obvious reasons, plus my detector has a little mismatch in its
filtration to Johnson U (which should be a useless 'color' anyway). I am
currently in a long observing run doing photometry of faint stars in a
field near M57, which should keep me busy until the moon is back in the
sky. After that observing is done, I will slap some eyepieces in the system
and see how they do.

I'll probably have to beg and borrow some eyepieces locally. Any particular
eyepieces you are interested in, or just any eyepieces I can happen to get
my hands on?

--
Jeff Medkeff          | Acting Assistant Coordinator
Rockland Observatory  | Association of Lunar and Planetary

On the web at http://shutter.vet.ohio-state.edu/