[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (IAAC) FWD: What should I buy? (rich field scopes)

On Friday, June 19, 1998 6:47 AM, Jeff Medkeff  wrote:

> I'll probably have to beg and borrow some eyepieces locally. Any
particular
> eyepieces you are interested in, or just any eyepieces I can happen to
get
> my hands on?
>

> --
> Jeff Medkeff          | Acting Assistant Coordinator

Jeff,

I'd be interested in a quantification of the Brandon 8mm and its mated
(screw-in , circa 1986) 2X Dakin doubler which effectively converts the
eyepiece to a 4mm. The doubler is only about an inch long and is of 1 1/4
inch sizing. I consider it my best eyepiece (combination) for planetary
considerations and yields 562X on my F4.9 Tectron (FL = 88.5 inches) on
those rare evenings where the skies are steady enough to warrant its use.

Clear Skies!

Art Russell
Atlanta, Georgia

Big Dobs - "Size Does Matter"

SUBSCRIBE TO THE BIGDOB LIST!
Send message addressed to:  listserver@ucsd.edu
Leave the SUBJECT LINE blank
In the FIRST LINE of the MESSAGE type: SUBSCRIBE  (your email address)
bigdob-l