[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Colour in M27

I haven't heard any reports, Nick, but it's certainly not inconceivable! It is
after all a planetary (and thus emission-line) nebula, and quite bright!

However, is it possible the haze you were looking through may have accounted
for the color? Did you see any other unusual color effects last night?

By the way, on the subject of startling colors in nebulae, I have a log waiting
in my In Box of M20, which should raise some discussions! With any luck (and
the Perseids furor FINALLY dying down), y'all should see it this week.

Clear skies!
Lew