[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Colour in M27

At 06:18 PM 8/31/98 -0400, you wrote:

>I haven't heard any reports, Nick, but it's certainly not inconceivable! It is
>after all a planetary (and thus emission-line) nebula, and quite bright!
>
>However, is it possible the haze you were looking through may have accounted
>for the color? Did you see any other unusual color effects last night?
>
>By the way, on the subject of startling colors in nebulae, I have a log
waiting
>in my In Box of M20, which should raise some discussions! With any luck (and
>the Perseids furor FINALLY dying down), y'all should see it this week.
>
>Clear skies!
>Lew

No other effects were observed in other nebulae but I will check under
clearer skies. I did not see the green colour so will try for that given a
decent night.
Maybe tonight
Nick
Nick Martin, Bonnyton House, By Ayr, Ayrshire KA6 7EW ,Scotland, UK.
 Latitude 55 24'56" Longtitude 4 26' 00".
"Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
 Enwrought with golden and silver light,
 The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
 Of night and light and the half-light, ....."
    He Wishes For The Cloths Of Heaven by W.B. Yeats