[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Colour in M27

>Paul, your notes of greenish tinge are very common in deep sky observations:
>apparently (and this is hearsay on my part), the eye's color response for low
>light levels is first stimulated in the green region of the spectrum.
>Thus, the
>first color generally seen in ANY object is green (or blue). Interesting
>stuff!

Hi all,

I agree with Lew; this effect is so strong that I often hear/read of
observations of globular cluster showing bluish tint which is nonsense
since these stars are old and so should appear yellow or orange...

That's why I now do not take colour perception for granted.

clear green planetaries, Yann.

Yann Pothier	tel: 01 43 41 43 29
11 impasse Canart, 75012 PARIS, FRANCE
Email: ypothier@abi.snv.jussieu.fr