From: William L. Schart <wschart@usa.net>
To: Internet Amateur Astronomers Catalog <netastrocatalog@latrade.com>
Date: Monday, September 21, 1998 1:58 PM
Subject: (IAAC) Obj: M45 Pleiades - Inst: Orion 6" Dob

:----
:
:Observer: William L. Schart
:Your skills: Intermediate (some years)
:Date/time of observation: 9/21/98 12:25
:Location of site: Killeen, TX (Lat 31 N, Elev 600 ft)
:Site classification: Suburban
:Sky darkness: 4 <Limiting magnitude>
:Seeing: 7 <1-10 Seeing Scale (10 best)>
:Moon presence: None - moon not in sky
:Instrument: Orion 6" Dob
:Magnification: 27x
:Filter(s): none
:Object(s): M45 Pleiades
:Category: Open cluster.
:Class:
:Constellation: Tau
:Data: mag   size
:Position: RA :  DEC :
:My new low-power, wide field eye-piece proved perfect for observing this
object,
:which still fillls up the field of view. I counted 56 stars. However, there
seemed
:to be either some haze or light pollution and I could not see any of the
nebulousity
:associated with this. I have seen this before, so I believe this is due to
the sky
:conditions rather than any defects of my equipment.
:--
:Optional related URLs:
:** This observing log automatically submitted via the Web from:
:  http://www.tiac.net/users/lewkaren/netastrocatalog/enter-log.html