[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Nebulosity in The Pleiades

Hi, Paul - I've seen what you describe several times (maybe dozens) in
my old 8" scope, and have always assumed that it was the nebula. It
never looked like more than an odd, rather oval-shaped patch of "gray"
and it never showed anything like the "fibrous" detail shown in photos.
Few other stars of this brilliance show that sort of thing in my scope,
so I doubt that it is atmospheric haze (especially when noting that the
glow isn't symmetrical around any star, a dead-giveaway).

Bruce Jensen