[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Barnard's Loop, Naked Eye or Otherwise

At 09:35 24/09/98 PDT, you wrote:
>From: Dave Mitsky <djm28@psu.edu>
>>
>>From a fairly dark site in south central Pennsylvania I have observed
>the Rosette's nebulosity through an O-III filtered 20" f/10 classical
>Cassegrain at 127x.
>
>Wow! You surely didn't see the whole thing at once in this rig...

Using a 20" f3.9 and a 27mm Panoptic + OIII filter I did get most of the
Rosette in one field and it is a sight worth seeing.The combination gives a
field of almost a degree and a power of 75x. It also fits most of M33 in
one field ( without the OIII filter of course )

I must try for Barnards loop with it. Must have missed NGC7000. Keep going
for faint PN's