[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(IAAC) Re: Lightweight Giants

Mel Bartels wrote:
> I am going to step in here and defend Overholt's book.

Thanks, Mel - I'll pass this on to Steve.  Steve and I were showing the
sky to 200 High School kids tonight here in Marin County California.
Last Friday I had first light with my own lightweight LITEBOX, a
hawaiian built lightweight 17.5 inch truss tube scope a bigger version
of my 12.5 inch LITEBOX, and Steve was there for it as well, and to meet
the scope maker, Barry Peckham who was visiting me.  Steve was using his
17.5 inch 58 pound two truss tube scope "the Owl" comparing the two 17.5
inchers.  I'll see him Friday night at our west Marin observing site and
again on Saturday night at our Mount Tamalpais Star Party.

You all can reach Steve at:
Steve Overholt
C/O West Marin Astronomy Club
P. O. Box 2121