[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(IAAC) Caroline Herschel

Hi Lew, etal;

A very nice night last night out in the Arizona desert about
50 miles from central Phoenix.  Just scanning around with the
6 inch RFT.  I did post a few observations.

I have a question about Caroline Herschel.  I think I would
like to observe or re-observe all the objects she discovered.
I know NGC 7789, 891, 205 (M110) and some other smaller
clusters in CAS are on the list.  Does anyone have any
others?

I am assuming she found these objects while comet hunting,
I believe she used a 6 inch made for her by William for
that purpose.  Does anyone know anything more about that
scope?

Considering an article and planning to put it together
over the next several months and wondering if anyone
has done all of her objects?  Sounds like fun.

Clear Skies all;
Steve Coe