observational technique, and typically include an assessment of faintest
magnitude visible, naked eye and/or telescopic. In example, here's an
excerpt from the evening of the 22/23rd of October:

M31-G205	RA 00 43 9.8 Dec +41.3594444 Type GC (globular cluster)
Comments: 46cm. 642X. 14.8 magnitude GC, appears very small and diffuse.
Dimmer than the cited magnitude. Easily located 4' southwest from an
asterism of three 12th magnitude stars. Very diffuse. Best seen in averted
vision. G199 and G200 are located in the same field of view.

981023  0520UT-O525UT, clear with intermittent thin cirrus, 40F, 6.5 visual,
16+ telescopic, Good Sky Contrast. Charlie Elliot Wildlife Management Area,
Mansfield, GA. Uranometria page 60. Sketch at 642X.

Clear Skies!

Art Russell
Atlanta, Georgia

mailto:artrussell@mindspring.com
http://Education.gsu.edu/spehar/
Big Dobs - "Size Does Matter"

SUBSCRIBE TO THE BIGDOB LIST!
Send message addressed to:  listserver@ucsd.edu
Leave the SUBJECT LINE blank
In the FIRST LINE of the MESSAGE type: SUBSCRIBE  (your email address)
bigdob-l

Follow-Ups: References: