[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Leonid meteors question

> Lew;
>
> I know that you also run a meteor newsgroup and that you are
> an avid meteor observer.  So, I would like your opinion on
> the Leonids for this year....

  I realize that the Leonid shower is a regular event, but generally,
  are meteors something that can be predicted? I ask this question
  as an absolute novice. Is there some way to say that, if you look
  to the Northwest around 8 on December something or other, the chances
  of seeing a meteor are raised? And what do you watch them with, since,
  so far as I know (obviously very little) they only last a moment or
  two.

  Thanks for any information.

  Gary Otteson

Follow-Ups: References: