[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(IAAC) Discovery references on Einstein's Cross

[Forwarded without Rich's permission... -Lew]

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 08:23:45 -0800
From: Richard Jakiel <deepsky@mindspring.com>
To: bigdob-l@UCSD.EDU
Subject: Re: Who's Afraid of Einstein's Cross?

deepsky wrote:

> Hi Rich,
>There are reports of the Cross being seen visually.  What is your
>source for the dimensions?  The observers who have been successful
>so far must have had excellent optics and ideal conditions.
>
> Mark Birkmann

Mark,

My information and dimensions are from a couple professional references.
I have the discovery paper by Huchra et al., 1985 (1985AJ ...90..691h)
and a later paper by Fitte and Adam 1994 (1994A&A...282...11f).

Both were downloaded from the ADS as .pdf files.

- Rich

------- End of Forwarded Message