[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(IAAC) M 77 in 13" from Arizona

Howdy;

Here is an observation of M 77 in my 13" f/5.6 from a dark
site (7/10) in the desert of Arizona.  I have always liked
the view of this face on spiral.

NGC 1068  M77  Bright, large, little elongated, very bright middle. An
11 mag star is at the edge of the galaxy on the east side.  Spiral
structure is more noticable at 135X, an arm extends out from the body
of the galaxy and several dark lanes mark out spiral structure among
very mottled arms.   At 165X there is a stellar nucleus in the center
of the bright core area.

Clear Skies all;
Steve Coe