[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Object: NGC2477(OC) INST: 85mm APO refractor

    NGC 2362 I've observed from home, but NGC 2477 is a bit too low to get a
very good look at here.  I've really enjoyed NGC 2477 at the Winter Star
Party though.  Here's an observation I logged of 2477 and 2451 through an AP
Traveler with a 35mm Panoptic:

3-4-95    7:50 PM EST    Seeing: good    Transparency: good
    These open clusters make a stunning wide field pair.  NGC 2451 shows ~
45 fairly bright to faint stars dominated by one pretty, orange 4th mag gem
in the center.  The cluster is large an loose, spanning a little under one
degree.  NGC 2477 presents a lovely contrast as a rich, dense group of
tightly packed, faint pinpoints of light growing more concentrated toward
the center.  The group is about one half degree in diameter.

Clear skies,  Sue