[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Object: NGC2362 (OC) INST: 85mm APO refractor f/7

>Well, considering the thousands upon thousands of DSO's available to us
it's not
>surprising that some of the better ones occasionally slip through the cracks.
>
>BTW, are you selling your 16" Starmaster when you get the 18"?
>
>Dave
>
>To UNSUBSCRIBE from the 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web form at:
>http://www.tiac.net/users/lewkaren/netastrocatalog/subscribe.html

I got the 18" this week, just viewed the Eskimo with it this morning. Saw
some internal detail.
The drive isn't working right yet, but the rest is fine. Still evaluating
optics, etc. I had sold the 16" a few months back. Expecting the drive
replacement parts Friday or so. (fingers crossed) The little that I did get
the drive working was very, very impressive (quick, quiet slewing, GOTO
operation)
(sold the 16" to Darwin Bagley who loves it.) My initial testing of hte
Stabilite mirror may have revealed a very quick cool down yesterday
morning. (the mirror is essentially 80% air, 20% mirror) Jury is still out.

thanks for asking.

thanks!
-Todd

Boston Meteorologist Todd Gross