[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Obj: Jonckherre 320 - Inst: 17" f/15 classical Cassegrain equatorial mount

I think you are correct. The Footprint nebula or M1-92 is a reflection
nebula with two halfs one brighter than the other. It has never looked
stellar to me. Campbells star almost always does and is one of the few PN's
that does not respond well to an OIII filter having almost no OIII emission

At 09:44 17/12/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Dave,
>
>I've done J320 and J900 with my 10" and they certainly are little guys.
>Another pair of small "planetary nebulae" in Cygnus are Campbell's Star and
>the Footprint Nebula with the latter being the most stellar of the whole
>bunch.  While the Footprint is often listed as a planetary nebula, I believe
>it is actually a reflection nebula.
>
>Clear skies,  Sue

Follow-Ups: References: