[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(IAAC) Jordanian Astronomical Society in 1999

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Tue, 05 Jan 1999 15:35:35 +0200
From: Mohammad Odeh <odehjas@geocities.com>
To: netastrocatalog@latrade.com
Subject: JAS and 1999

Greetings,

Glad to send you this E-mail from JAS at the beginning of the 1999.
Happy new year, and hope it will be a great year for all of us.

In this E-mail:

1- The Establishment of the Arab Union for Astronomy and Space Sciences
(AUASS).
2- Observing meteors by radio
3- The Leonids '98
4- JAS' Leonids Contest
5- Islamic Crescents' Observation Project (ICOP).
6- JAS' home page.
=====================================
1- The Establishment of the Arab Union for Astronomy and Space Sciences
(AUASS).

 With proud JAS organized an Arab conference in August 1998 to establish
the AUASS. For more details please visit:-
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/1092/union.html
=====================================
2- Observing meteors by radio.

  In 1998 JAS began to observe meteors by radio, we got interesting
results during the leonids and draconids, for more information, please
visit:-
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/1092/radio.html

=====================================
3- The Leonids '98

 Unexpectedly, Jordan was well-placed in 1998 to witness the Leonids '98
meteor shower, we observed it visually and by radio, more information
can be found at:
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/1092/leo98.html
=====================================
4- JAS' Leonids Contest

  Answer some astronomical questions and have the opportunity to visit
Jordan for free ! Today we just announced the winners and the answers
of  the first issue, this can be found at:
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/1092/cont1a.html , also the
second issue is on-line now, so try to answer the question, this can be
found at:
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/1092/contest.html
=====================================
5- Islamic Crescents' Observation Project (ICOP).

 This is a new project we just started. It is organized by the Arab
Union for Astronomy and Space Sciences (AUASS) and JAS. We highly
welcome any participant in this project, regardless to his/her religion,
experience, and location.  To know more, please visit:-
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/1092/icop.html
=====================================
6- JAS' home page.

 Many updates were done in our site at the start of 1999, please have a
look at it, and let us know what u think ?
=====================================

  That's it. We will be grateful if u kindly inform ur friends and ur
group's member of the JAS' Leonids contest, and about ICOP. And we will
appreciate it a lot if u can add a link to these page.

Hope u will enjoy browsing through our home page, and we always like to
hear ur comments and suggestions.

Best Regards
Moh'd
--