[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (IAAC) Burnout or Extinction - Which Will Come First? - Please respond!

I believe the end will come from heat.  Not so much because of gravitational
lock, but because the sun will slowly start entering its red giant phase as
it moves off the main sequence.  Seems to me I've read that this will start
in another billion years or so.  The sun will not actually move off the main
sequence until another 3 or 4 billion years passes, but the process starts
sooner.

This is all based on memory and at my age, that ain't necessarily a good
thing!

Eric Greene
Erg@america.net
The Unofficial C-8 Home Page