[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Obj: M37 (NGC 2099) - Inst: 8" F/6 Dobsonian

Lew
	M1 is not a planetary nebula despite it being in the PK. That is one of
the many errors
propagated by the PK and hence in some popular US books. It is, as
mentioned by dave Mitsky classified as a supernova remnant or a bright
nebula. It definetly should not be classified as a PN. Wrong excitation
mechanism ,wrong expansion velocity, wrong method of formation.

At 15:30 12/01/99 -0500, you wrote:

>>There is a sketch on this object on my homepage: URL mentioned below.
>>Optional related URLs: http://home.wxs.nl/~geldo006/home.html
>
>As I've said before, these are some outstanding sketches, Michael!
>
>For those interested in the art of visual representation of deep-sky
>objects (as well as narrative description) I highly recommend Michael's
>site! My favorite is the planetary NGC 2392, I think...
>
>BTW Michael, doesn't M1 fit better in Planetaries than Bright Nebulae?
>
>Lew
>

>To UNSUBSCRIBE from the 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web form at:
>http://www.tiac.net/users/lewkaren/netastrocatalog/subscribe.html

Follow-Ups: References: