[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) OBJECT:NGC4762(edge-on galaxy) INST: 18" f/4.2 Newt (dob)

Todd Gross wrote:

> Dave.. I really appreciate your follows up!! I am working often off the
> DeepSky 600,
> and somewhat in the dark as to where these galaxies show up in which
> catalog, etc
>
> >NGC 4762 is indeed a good edge-on spiral.  It is also one of the Herschel
> >400 objects.  In fact, there is a sketch of this galaxy on page 31 of the
> >Herschel 400 handbook.  I had a fine view of NGC 4762 on 5/24/98 UT
> >through a 20" f/10 classical Cassegrain.
> >
> >Dave Mitsky
> >ASH, DVAA

Todd,

You might want to download the Herschel 400 and Herschel II lists at
http://www.astroleague.org/al/obsclubs/obsclub.html - the observing clubs
section of  the Astronomical League home page.

Congratulations on observing Hickson 68 from suburban Boston!

Dave Mitsky
ASH, DVAA