From: Luis Argüelles <arguelles.cbnr@redestb.es>
To: 'netastrocatalog-announce@latrade.com'
<netastrocatalog-announce@latrade.com>
Date: Tuesday, January 26, 1999 6:15 AM
Subject: Re: (IAAC) Obj: beta Ori (Rigel) - Inst: Orion 6" Dob

:William,
:
:Congratulations a lot for your split of Rigel. You tried it several times,
and I'm happy to see that you succeded.
:
:>>>
:So what do you think made it successful? It HAS to be the conditions, as
I've used a similar configuration (26 mm on a barlow with an 8 inch mirror)
and not gotten a split!
:>>>
:
:Penny,
:
:The conditions are a lot more important than the used telescope. Yesterday
I was observing some doubles in Orion under ugly skies: So much fog that
nobody would use a telescope. Using naked eye, I only could see Rigel,
Alnitak, Alnilam, Mintaka and Betelgeuse, and with a lot of efforts, but the
seeing was about 7-8 (in a 0-10 scale)!. Using my Ranger I was able to split
Mintaka and Alnitak (hard), and also Sigma was visible (although only as a
double system).
:
:Also, maybe cheking the collimation of your Dob you can get the
"Rigel-Split". Best of luck!
:
:Luis Arguelles
:http://members.tripod.com/~whuyss/33/33_orion.html ("33 in Orion" result's
page)
:whuyss@tripod.net
:
:To UNSUBSCRIBE from the 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web form at:
:http://www.tiac.net/users/lewkaren/netastrocatalog/subscribe.html
: