[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(IAAC) WELCOME TO NEW 'netastrocatalog' SUBSCRIBERS

Over the past three months, our Internet Amateur Astronomers Catalog ("IAAC" or
'netastrocatalog' for short) has had over 50 new subscribers...

Hello, and WELCOME all of you to netastrocatalog! Sit back, relax and read some
of the contributions to the list. Then once you feel a little more comfortable,
please feel free to try sending in YOUR OWN observing reports. Because that's
what the netastrocatalog is for: collecting and sharing the deep-sky knowledge
and observations of amateurs like you and me!

The 'netastrocatalog' is designed especially for BOTH the very experienced
deep-sky expert and the brand new observer, so don't be shy if you're just
starting out! Again, to post an observation to the subscribers on the list,
and have it entered into the IAAC archive, just send it as an email to:

        netastrocatalog@latrade.com

In the Subject: line of your posting, PLEASE mention at least the name of the
object (Messier number, common name, whatever), and what you observed with (your
eyes, 7x50 binoculars, an 8" f/6 Newtonian, etc.)

If all this sounds a little daunting, you can also use a *Web form* for entering
observations to the list! It's at:

  http://www.tiac.net/users/lewkaren/netastrocatalog/enter-log.html

Let me know what you think of this interface if you use it!

Also, remember there's an indexed *Web archive* of netastrocatalog! You can
peruse your own and other 'catalog entries by pointing your browser to:

  http://www.tiac.net/users/lewkaren/netastrocatalog

Or search for observations of a particular object with this form:

  http://www.tiac.net/users/lewkaren/netastrocatalog/search.html

Lastly, if the VOLUME OF EMAIL from 'netastrocatalog' ever gets to be too much,
keep in mind that there is also a "Digest" version of the list! At most one
message a day, packed with all the observations AND discussion for that day in
an easy-to-read, compact format. This is very handy for busy readers!

If you're interested in the digest, let me know. And again, welcome!

Lew Gramer
owner-netastrocatalog@latrade.com
owner-meteorobs@latrade.com