[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) NGC 4216

Hello, Nick. I'm Kent Blackwell in Virginia Beach, VA USA.  I last looked
at N4216 with a 12-1/2" f/6 back in March of 1992, and remember seeing it
as gorgeous in my 6" f/6 Celestron Newtonian telescope.  What a wonderful
area surrounding it as well.  Page 193 of my Uranometria is filled with
notes.  Great field around this stunning galaxy.

I just observed the Witchead Nebula in Eridanus last night.  It's eluded me
previously, but managed to see it at 90x with my 16" f/6.2 and a Lumicon
Deep Sky filter.  Normally I like the OIII filter, but the Deep Sky was
best on this.  Looks like a faint California Nebula.

Kent Blackwell
Virginia Beach, VA