[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Obj: Struve 427 - Inst: 8" F/6 Dobsonian

Cindy E Fisher wrote:

> michael,
>
> my name is cindy and I just got my8" f/6 dobsonian a few weeks ago.  I am
> very impressed with what I can see.  I do view the skies from a fairy
> dark countryside outside of Albany, New York.  I had a question for you
> since I just started viewing the skies and really don't know anybody
> personally who has a dob.
> What eyepieces do you have and what brand?  I do not have a barlowe yet
> but am trying to figure out which one would work best for the dob.  Any
> feedback would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you for very much for your time.
>
> email:Burdena@juno.com
>
> clear and peacefully nights to you
> cindy

Cindy,

Why not tell us what eyepiece(s) you already have?

I usually recommend to beginning observers the purchase of a 32mm Ploessl (or
30mm Celestron Ultima) and an 8 to 11mm orthoscopic or Ploessl in addition to
a 2x Barlow lens.

Dave Mitsky
ASH, DVAA

Follow-Ups: References: