[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Obj: Struve 427 - Inst: 8" F/6 Dobsonian

>michael,
>
>my name is cindy and I just got my8" f/6 dobsonian a few weeks ago.  I am
>very impressed with what I can see.  I do view the skies from a fairy
>dark countryside outside of Albany, New York.  I had a question for you
>since I just started viewing the skies and really don't know anybody
>personally who has a dob.
>What eyepieces do you have and what brand?  I do not have a barlowe yet
>but am trying to figure out which one would work best for the dob.  Any
>feedback would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thank you for very much for your time.
>
>email:Burdena@juno.com
>
>clear and peacefully nights to you
>cindy

Cindy,

I have a 25mm Plossl (Celestron), and a 12.5mm, 6mm, and 5mm Orthoscopic
eyepieces.
I must say that the Ortho. eyepieces perform better that most other kinds of
eyepieces that I have tried, giving sharper views and more details in most
cases. I am not a great fan of Barlows, I never use the one I have with my
25mm Plossl, having bought a 12.5mm instead. (Its useless on the 'shorter'
eyepieces in any case).
I hope this will help you.

Michael Geldorp
m.geldorp@wxs.nl