[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Obj: Alpha Libra(Zubenelgenubi), M5, M4 - Inst: 10x50 binoculars

Thanks for another great set of binocular observations, Erhan: a large
number of us amateurs are forced to spend the best nights observing from
our light-polluted backyards, so it's always good to hear what others
have found and seen in the same conditions! And nothing's better to do a
side-by-side comparisons of deep-sky objects with than a pair of binocs.

BTW, Ankara is a huge city, but are you sure your Limiting Magnitude was
really THAT bad? If you really couldn't see down to mag 3.5 or mag 4, then
the Little Dipper (Ursa Minor) would only show TWO stars - and even at cul-
mination the Big Dipper's (Ursa Major's) Bowl would be incomplete... Still,
Ankara may be a far more light-polluted city than Boston is. If so, here's
hoping you can meet fellow Turkish amateurs and get to the country often!

PS: I'd never noticed that alpha Lib was a binocular double - thanks!

Clear (dark) skies,
Lew