[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) M 57 halo?

Jens;

I was able to see the faint outer halo on the Ring Nebula
at the Texas Star Party.  It was using a 36" f/5 and a
14mm Meade Ultra Wide Angle eyepiece.  There is a very
faint glow on all sides of the bright donut shape.  It
extended about 30 arcseconds away from the Ring itself.
Averted vision helped the view considerably.  It was
bright enough that I was able to point it out to Brian
Skiff and the scopes owner, Larry Mitchell.  BTW, the
central star was easy and obvious in the big piece of
glass.

Clear Skies;
Steve Coe