[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(IAAC) SN 1999cl

Last night I used the Atlanta Astronomy Club's 24 inch, F4.5 Tectron to
estimate the supernova at about mag 14.2. However, some inaccuracy is
possible given that I used the listed MEGASTAR GSC magnitudes for two stars
immediately adjacent to M88 as the basis for the estimate; GSC 880:47 (mag
14.8) and GSC 880:76 (mag 13.7). Does anybody have a better estimate?

Cheers!

Art Russell

Atlanta, Georgia

mailto:artrussell@mindspring.com
http://Education.gsu.edu/spehar/

"I have noticed that when political controversy becomes excited, persons of
choleric disposition and limited intelligence become rude."
- Winston Churchill