[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(IAAC) Re: B/W drawings

>Hey everyone,
>I have a question about sketching. I have noticed some sketches
> on the net that show white objects on a black background.
>Does anybody know how this is done - whether it is on site
>or done after scanning? Thanks.

Hi to all,

As editor of a small french DS publication, I receive a lot of different
drawings: black on white (B/W), white on black (W/B) mainly (you can see
both styles at various stages in our web site-adress above). I have seen
the classical procedure of B/W that can bu turned into good W/B rendering
via computer scanning and image proceessing, but also turned by the authors
into W/B copies on dark paper (with white pencils and paint).
The B/W surely looks great, mimicking photos and ccd shots, allowing for
better comparison/appreciation. But I prefer the classical B/W sketching,
easier to do in the field (its also easier to erase defects than on W/B).

clear skies, yann.

Yann Pothier
11 impasse Canart, 75012 PARIS, FRANCE
ypothier@abi.snv.jussieu.fr