[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Obj: Comparison of M22 and M55 - Inst: 10x50 binoculars

Thank you for your kind words Lew.
I have visited AL pages a few times and not only the Binocular Messier Club
but also Binocular Deep Sky Club seems good. Many NGC or other catalog
objects are within the limit of my binoculars. It seems that it is not
difficult to see 50 messier objects and log them even under city conditions.
Of course I cannot find most of the galaxies but clusters are there. But
even some nebulae and galaxies are within the limit. The problem is
contacting them. But anyway, I use their lists as guidelines. Their list
group objects as easy, tougher and hard so they help especially for
beginners like me.
I haven't seen any galaxy yet. When I started amateur observations,  M31 was
under horizon and spring galaxies were too dim for city observer. M81 and
M82 are bright galaxies but they are not observable from my balcony so I
should go out of my house to see them. I think NGC 253 will be pretty easily
observed from city. At least I can catch it.
Clear and dark skies,