[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Obj: Comparison of M22 and M55 - Inst: 10x50 binoculars

Hi All
NGC253 is easily visible through binoculars from the southern hemisphere
quite easily. If you do see NGC253 try to look for NGC55 as it is nearly
as good
but a little fainter. You may also wish to try for NGC1365 a little later
in the evening.
NGC1365 is one of the best barred galaxies in the sky. From the south a
good 4"
RFT will show the Sculptor dwarf and the Fornax dwarf with a GOOD DARK
sky
like Coonabarran, Home of the AAT.
Clear Skies
Andrew Murrell

Lew Gramer wrote:

> >Anyway, whether I can see NGC 253 or not, there is a large number
> >of objects that I can see with my old binoculars.
>
> Probably thousands! And yes, you should be able to see NGC 253,
> too, if you have a nice low Southern horizon. But if you have a
> really DARK sky, it will look like a MONSTER: quite a bit smaller
> and fainter than M31 perhaps, but with MANY more details easily
> visible in binoculars or a small scope... But you have to get
> to that spot with dark Southern horizons to see such detail. ;>
>
> Clear skies, Erhan, and thanks again for sharing those logs!
> Lew
>
> To UNSUBSCRIBE from the 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web form at:
> http://www.tiac.net/users/lewkaren/netastrocatalog/subscribe.html

Follow-Ups: References: