[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Obj: IC 1296 (near m57) - Inst: 25" f/5 Obsession

                                   Hello Mike!

In our German Deep Sky magazine interstellarum was a short description of IC 1296
with a 16incher. A faint asymmetric elliptical glow at 240x with adverted vision.
I also tried the galaxy using a 16incher, but I had no success. In my 20incher
the galaxy is visible mostly with adverted vision as a faint elongated glow
(fst ~ 6mag). Needles to say : The spiral arms were not visible.

Kind regards from Germany, Jens