[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Obj: Barnard 143-4 - Inst: 8x56 binocular

Yann Pothier wrote:

> >Object(s): Barnard 143-4
> >
> >B143-4, also known as Barnard's E and the Triple Cave Nebula, is a dark
> >nebula
> >that lies to the west of gamma Aquilae and approximately 3 degrees to the
> >northwest of Altair.  I viewed this moderately large, E-shaped cosmic "void"
> >from the dark skies of Springfield, Vermont through a friend's 8x56 Celestron
> >Ultima binocular.  Barnard's E is featured on page 100 of the September
> >1999 Sky
> >& Telescope.
> >--
>
> The last special file of Ciel Extreme was dedicated to these objects; and
> it is more surely Barnard 142 and 143; barnard 144 is located in Cygnus.
>
> clear skies, yann.
>
> Yann Pothier

Yann,

Your're right, of course.  When I posted my report on B142-3 I did not have access
to a chart or other suitable reference.  I relied on a Internet search and came
across a site somewhere that used those numbers.

By the way, there is a good photograph of Barnard's E at
http://voltaire.csun.edu/142_143.html

Dave Mitsky