[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (IAAC) Obj: M39, Epsilon Lyrae, Delta Lyrae, M57(unsuccessful), the Coathanger, Deneb, NGC 7000 (North American Nebula) (unsuccessful) - Inst: 10x50 binoculars

At 06:09 AM 9/14/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I've seen both M27 and M57 using unfiltered 10 X 50's. The trick is, as Dave
>says, you need nice and dark skies. The other trick is that your eyes  need
>to be completely dark-adapted.

Penny and Jens

I have also observed M57 unfiltered with 10x50 binoculars. It wasn't easy
and I think you need more that dark skies you need very clear skies. I
wasn't searching for it the first time I saw it, I just noticed that it was
obviously non stellar (I would compare it to seeing one of Jupiters moons
through a larger telescope, no stellar but no detail).

Scott