[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Obj: NGC 1535 - Inst: 40" f/5 dob

>Mark, thanks for submitting your report. But I'm amazed that even in
>a 40" scope, this PN showed no structure whatsoever! I've thought I
>could log SOME details within the twin-ring nebula using just a 17".
>Perhaps the effects of truly poor seeing can be blamed for this? Or
>were there irregularities/features you saw but didn't log or sketch?
>
>Also, I've heard some report a reddish hue in this object: but again
>though, this large-scope log leads me to question those reports!
>
>Thanks again for a very interesting contribution, Mark!
>
>Lew Gramer

Hi Lew, Mark and the others,

I agree with Mark; the structure of NGC 1535 is truly remarkably
symetrical: a very regular and typical double shell PN. I remember an
observation through a 22": central star in the very center, internal
spherical bright zone in the middle of a fainter shell, quite round.

The PN you remember as been reddish is (maybe) IC 418, not to far in the sky.

I will post a 17.5" obs of N1535 soon.

clear skies, yann.

Yann Pothier
11 impasse Canart, 75012 PARIS, FRANCE