[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Obj: M 77, NGC 1068 - Inst: 40" f/5 dob

Mark, thanks for another intriguing observation - and outstanding sketch!
We know you're risking a broken leg on that ladder, to share these subtle,
detailed logs with us. :) I will keep my eye out for those two (probable)
star-forming regions next time I get a chance to view M77 at altitude!

BTW, the DSS (Palomar Schmidt) image of M77 is JUST underexposed enough
to show both of these two bright regions in interesting detail!

http://archive.stsci.edu/cgi-bin/dss_form?target=M77&resolver=SIMBAD

Clear skies,
Lew Gramer

Follow-Ups: References: