[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Fwd: SN1999el in NGC 6951 continues to brighten!

Lew Gramer wrote:

> The brightening of this SN now appears to be independently confirmed:
> it should be within range of scopes 12" and larger in decent skies!
>
> Lew

Lew,

Dang it!  I was observing at the Naylor Observatory on Wednesday evening and
forgot all about SN1999el.

Objects viewed  through the 17" f/15 classical Cassegrain included M13, M11,
M16, M17, NGC 6781, NGC 6818, M30, M2, Jupiter, and Saturn.  I also observed
all the objects mentioned in the December 1999 Astronomy Magazine Sky Show
First Views and Observer's Challenge sections: WZ Cassiopeiae, Struve 3053 (a
very nice binary indeed), and the open clusters NGC 7790, NGC 7788, Berkeley
58, Frolov 1, Harvard 21, and King 12.

Dave Mitsky

Follow-Ups: References: